Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine’s update

Today is Valentine’s day in Okinawa! Yes, they do celebrate it but there is a slight twist on it. On Valentine’s women are supposed to give the men in their lives a gift, something simple like chocolates. But don’t fret ladies, it comes back to us on White day(March 14) which is where the men return the favor ;)

All is well in Oki and today is a gorgeous day. There’s still a bit of chill in the air, but that won’t last long! We are working on getting out of here towards the end of April. I’m growing more and more excited about the idea of getting out of here, and seeing all of my family and friends! We have so many beautiful babies to love on when we get back, I can’t wait. We have web orders right now to New Orleans but we’re waiting on Josh’s actual orders so we have a date for everyone wondering when we’ll be back. Once the time comes, please please be patient with us! We have so many people to see, places to go, and things to eat(you know we’ll be eating EVERYTHING) that we will be quite busy! So for now, I suppose it’s time to start decluttering the house and selling or donating anything we don’t need.

Josh medaled at division matches and I couldn’t be prouder! He got silvers in both rifle and pistol. He’s been the platoon sergeant again for a while but is about to hand it over to someone else so that we can get out of here! We’ve both started working out more. Josh is trying to gain muscle and I’m trying to burn off this fat! I started an 8week boot camp about 5 weeks ago and I’m pretty sure it’s the best thing I’ve done for myself. I have barely seen the scale move, but luckily I’ve lost quite a few inches off my waist and hips! So I’m just replacing that fat with muscle, I’ll take it! We’ve been going to zumba together the past few times and it’s been really nice to have him there. We laugh, sweat, shake it a little, but it’s just nice to do something active with him. Other than that our lives have been pretty boring. I guess what they say is true, no news is good news…

No comments:

Post a Comment