Monday, July 18, 2011

The Birthday Boy

So as most of you know, Josh’s 23rd birthday was this past Friday! Wow, 23, already? Gifts are always difficult for him, he doesn’t ever want anything! So since I’ve been sewing up a storm lately I decided to whip him up some pajama pants that actually fit. Your all pretty aware that Josh is a tall, lanky fellow. Size smalls usually fit him in the waist but his legs are so long that smalls just look plain silly! I found a decent pattern online and ordered it, luckily they messed up the order and sent me the nighty pattern I wanted, so I contacted them and they shipped this pattern out right away! The nice thing is, I got a free pattern out of it. Thanks Fabric.com ;) ! So Wednesday morning I sprawled out went about making my hunny some jama pants!

Why are you hovering on me!?

We all know the floor is the best place to work! Space is limited in our house! So cutting out pants legs for Joshy long legs was a bit intensive!

joshyjamas!

Finished project! The only part that the fit was a little off on was the crotch. These are unisex pants so I’m guessing when you make them for men you should lengthen the crotch! Maybe I should suggest that for the pattern. Hah!

I believe that he had a pretty decent birthday! We spent the night in and had a dinner, of his choosing, and some cookies because he didn’t want cake! Today he was supposed to head to Guam but the nearby storm thwarted the plans! They’ll still be going but for a much shorter time period. Come next Sunday we’re Europe bound! What a great little escape nestled between both of our birthday's! Don’t worry we’ll take plenty of pictures and if we get wi-fi along the way I’ll try to keep you updated! I’m going to have to keep up with my classes while we’re gone which has kind of got me down, so I’m trying to get a lot of it out of the way this week. Also trying to sew up a more comfortable version of the birdie sling purse with a longer strap for traveling! Can’t wait to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment