Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cherry Blossom Festival

So on January 30th we took a trip to Nago for their Cherry Blossom Festival. So maybe you think you have an idea of what it’s like from the one in Washington, or pictures from mainland, probably not! While it was fun, it was not what I was expecting at all. There were actually very few cherry blossoms in bloom at the time of the festival. The weather here has been unusually cold for this time of year, or so I’ve heard.  The most beautiful trees were tucked between tacky game and food stalls. I’m sure I looked crazy trying to get pictures of the flowers, but I know I wasn’t the only one. A small portion of the band played at the festival(Josh not included). So we got to watch the performance and also caught some other fun things. We saw some boys break dancing, some taiko performances, a gigantic shisa, and traditional dancers. We saw a parade, but we had no clue what was going on. I took a bunch of random pictures and a video of the performances. You know I can never pass up a beautiful bakery window ;)

008 010  012   016 017 018 019 020 021 027 024 025022  029 030 057 060 061   067

…And for dessert (of course we went back to that bakery, did you think we were crazy!!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment