Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Beautiful Day In the Neighborhood

It’s been quite a while since I have updated everyone on the goings on of our move. Last night was my last night of work at Hallmark(HOORAY). Last week we received the dates the movers would be here and they are coming the 16,17, and 18. WOW! We weren’t supposed to leave here until the 28th which is a Sunday, but then we realized we can actually leave the 26th since all of the check out has to be complete by then anyways. Either way its still 8 days without a residence, so we will be staying with some friends. We’ve been spending our time readying the house for the movers. It’s in complete disarray right now which really stresses me out, but it has to be done. I just expected to be in our house a little longer, and I guess now that its coming up so fast I’m realizing how much I’ll miss this little house and New Bern. Our actual flights to Okinawa have been scheduled, well 3/4 of them have been anyways. We will be leaving on May 5th (I think!) from Raleigh Durham and flying to Seattle. From Seattle we fly to mainland Japan. From mainland Japan we fly to either Korea or Russia, Korea makes more sense but the international airport code they gave us is for Russia. From whichever one of those countries we will then be flying to Okinawa! I’m hoping that all of this won’t be too tough for Lily. I think this is one time when her deafness may be to our advantage. I have to go buy some large luggage today since I will be living out of it for 1 1/2- 2 months. There’s still a lot to be done, so I guess I should quit blogging for now. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment