Saturday, March 27, 2010

Goodbye beautiful

I’m writing this on the way to my grandparent’s house with intentions of publishing it when we get there.

It’s 2:06 and we are driving on I-95 in SC. If there is one thing that I won’t miss in the three year period we will be gone, I-95 may be it. We left this morning around 7 and I miss it a lot already. I think the most upsetting part was driving over the bridge and looking out over downtown New Bern. I think now that I’m a bit older I can appreciate small towns much more. To just anyone New Bern may not seem like much, but to me it was wonderful. I’ll miss Union Point Park and Middle Street a lot. I’ll miss the old historic homes and the plays.Even though I really enjoyed the place that’s not the main reason I’m upset. I’m moving away from some really awesome people. I didn’t have to say goodbye to Hayley and Jessica yet thank goodness because they are coming to SC to visit me in April. We went to Hallmark yesterday to say goodbye to them, and even though I didn’t seem super emotional, it was hard. Those women, and Paul, have been a part of my everyday life for a while now and I’m really going to miss that.  We did have to say goodbye to a bunch of wonderful families and couples last night. I guess all we can hope is that our paths cross again someday along the way and that keeping in touch will go both ways.         

Quick side note: We now have Skype so add us if you haven’t already. Search Shauna & Josh Crissey.

No comments:

Post a Comment